Facebook Page

https://web.facebook.com/Usman-ghazi-108201792162396

Business

Theme images by kelvinjay. Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Sialkot, Punjab, Punjab, Pakistan

Search This Blog

follow up

https://web.facebook.com/Usman-ghazi-108201792162396/videos/1266446164217258

Usman Ghazi

Games

Videos

» » » 'Time will tell': £13m man explains what Postecoglou told him before Tottenham exit

Tottenham Hotspur striker Alejo Veliz admits he joined Sevilla on loan after being advised to ‘take advantage of his opportunity’ by his Premier League boss Ange Postecoglou.

With Sevilla lacking a consistent goalscorer – Youssef En-Nesyri and Rafa Mir as inconsistent as ever – there is certainly a spot up for grabs for Alejo Veliz. Who knows, perhaps he can make a name for himself as the man who fired one of La Liga’s biggest clubs to safety?

Relegation is still a very real possibility despite Monday’s nerve-easing 2-1 win over Rayo Vallecano. 

Veliz certainly arrives with quite the reputation.

Tottenham Hotspur invested £13 million in the youngster on the back of his eye-catching displays for Rosario Central back home in Argentina. And it’s telling that he joins Sevilla without an option-to-buy clause in his contract, Postecoglou seemingly keeping the door open for the rangy South American to return and battle Richarlison for a first-team spot. 

Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham FC - Premier League
Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images

Tottenham Hotspur loan Alejo Veliz to Sevilla

“(Postecoglou) told me to take advantage of this opportunity in a huge club, and to do my best to try to gain minutes,” Veliz tells Marca. “Then, time will tell.” 

“I come with high expectations of being able to adapt, contribute and continue growing. Being younger, I think we are very hungry for glory, to go out and eat up the field and go for everything. That is my thinking.”

Before sealing his deadline day move, Veliz visited Seville along with Spurs team-mate Bryan Gil, who rose through the ranks at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. 

“We got to know Seville a little. Bryan always spoke very well to me about the club,” adds the Argentina Under-20 ace. “Before coming I spoke with him and asked him about everything. He told me to move on because everything was a ten out of ten.” 

‘I’m not going to give up’

Veliz, who has been labelled a ‘phenomenon’ by one former World Cup winner, arrives in Spain after struggling to displace either Richarlison or Heung-Min Son up top at Tottenham. He did, however, open his account against Brighton after Christmas. 

“I am a forward who is going to run after all the balls and is not going to give up,” Veliz adds, possessing the fiery streak that appears to run through all Argentine centre-forwards.

“I am going to give everything of myself, as the club wants. (Sevilla) trust me for a reason. But, like any forward, what I like to do most is to score goals.”

“Before arriving in England there were already conversations with Sevilla. Rosario Central then decided that (to sell me) to Tottenham, but there was already that link.

“I had seen videos of Sevilla and, that this (opportunity) has emerged is very nice for me.”

The post 'Time will tell': £13m man explains what Postecoglou told him before Tottenham exit appeared first on HITC.



from HITC https://ift.tt/BgeJZKF

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply